Thursday, February 20, 2014

Anyway, she laughed.

When it comes to my dear sister. I always avoid having a serious conversation. About politics. Instead, I chide her. Poke fun. Use biting humor. Because she’s a Republican. A shame on the family. Fortunately, she takes it all in stride. Sister knows, I won’t allow her to be serious. I won’t be, too. But I acknowledge occasionally being half serious. When I toss a too meaningful  insult or two. Fact is, I can’t help but detest most conservative Republicans.  Because they are downright nasty. In the way they treat their perceived foes. So I’m justified. In returning their brickbats. Today is my sister’s birthday. Her 75th. Coincidentally, falls on the same date as our mom’s birthday. I gave sister a call. With appropriate birthday wishes. As usual, the conversation touched on politics. I reminded sister. It’s impossible for me to take her seriously. Because Republicans lack brain cells. They qualify as sub-idiots. Yes, if ever they achieve idiot status, that would be a significant upgrade. And time to take them seriously. Of course, no chance of that happening. Meanwhile, sister tells me she's proud of having been born a Republican. A pity. A pity. A pity.  I was born blessed. She was born cursed. Anyway, she laughed at that notion. A good sign. –Jim Broede

No comments: