Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm confident. Mom got her wish.

Mother. Mother. Dear Mother. Congratulations. It was exactly 100 years ago today. Yes, in 1914. That you entered the physical realm. And about 12 years ago that you departed. Tell me. How are you? I know you were growing tired. Of the physical life. You wanted something better. Even if it was absolute nothingness.  No existence. No consciousness. Better than living in terrible depression.  But I hope you’ve had time to reflect. That becoming a mother. Three times over. Helped make life worthwhile. Sure, maybe dad wasn’t the finest husband. He committed suicide. Fifty years before you died. But not before he fathered your Jimmy Boy. Then dear Bruce, who has already joined you.  And then dear Babs, who like me, still happens to be sticking around. Revering your memory. Believe me. I appreciate and love you no end. For becoming my true divine mother. Couldn’t have picked a better one. People tell me I should be grateful. To the creator. For blessed life. But really, I give you and dad full credit. Think about it. Despite certain pitfalls. The normal setbacks in life.  You still salvaged so much joy and wonder and bliss. You went on to another marriage. Really, the 34 happiest years of your life. Maybe that wasn’t quite having it all. Maybe you wished for more. For better. Today, however, I’m feeling very, very confident. That you finally got your wish. –Jim Broede

No comments: