Monday, February 10, 2014

For the sake of fairness.

I’m not a joiner. For instance, I refrain from becoming a member of any political party. Oh, I may sympathize or empathize with certain liberal political movements. But don’t sign up.  I’ve never been a card-carrying member of a political party. And that’s the way I want to keep it. Because I detest politics. I am truly independent. And generally, political parties want their members to go along with the majority. To vote as one. As a bloc. That’s especially true of Republicans.  No dissent. No such thing any more as a moderate Republican. It’s as if Republicans are clones. Of each other. They march in lock-step.  Often, in goose-step. Like Nazis.  That’s the nature of many political movements. They go off the deep end. That can happen even in liberal movements.  Though I’d find it easier falling to the left than to the right. But I like to portray myself as a man of moderation. I’m willing to compromise. To meet somewhere in the middle. For the sake of fairness. –Jim Broede

No comments: