Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good stories. About naked people.

Taking advantage of opportunities. That’s what I try to do. In my relationships. Didn’t always do that. Particularly, when I was younger. Maybe because I was too shy.  Now I’m more bold. I act. I seize the opportunity.  For instance, in talking to strangers. I make conversation.  I approach. Initiate. And learn something significant about the stranger in the first few minutes. Otherwise, it’s a loss. Only small talk. But right away, I want some idea of what makes the guy/gal tick. At the very least, I make an educated guess. And don’t hesitate getting into personal stuff. Every human being is interesting. And has a fascinating story to tell. Maybe without knowing it. But I’ll find something.  A story. Worth writing about.  Even a dull person. Can’t hide from me. I’ll find something exciting. Behind the dullness. Behind the facade.  That’s all it is. A fear to go naked in the world.  But I see the nakedness. And really, I’m telling everyone, believe me, there’s nothing to fear. Because I write good stories. About naked people. –Jim Broede

No comments: