Saturday, June 7, 2014

My option.

Looking 20 years ahead. Imagining the good life. But not necessarily on Planet Earth. When I was 40 – 60 seemed attainable. Though a little bit over the proverbial hill. Now here I am. Nearing 80.   I love it. Growing older and older. Often qualifying as the oldest guy in the room. Yet, aging  really doesn’t bother me. Because I’m learning to live. One day at a time. Not getting too far ahead of myself.  That’s good.  Savoring every precious moment. Today. Now. I’ll live tomorrow. Only when tomorrow becomes now. Same goes for next week, next month, next year. No need to worry. About the prospect of not being around. Too busy for that nonsense. Have far better things to do. Like writing these words. Thinking a thought. Reminding myself. I’m alive. And conscious. In a very real moment. And then, the next. An everlasting now. A past always gone. The future never arrives. Only now. That's all there is. Wonderful. Don't need more. No complaints. As long as I have a now. Forever. Or for as long as I want. My option.  –Jim Broede

No comments: