Monday, October 13, 2014

Feeling alive.

Going for a walk. I look at it as more a mental workout than a physical thing. Takes me roughly three hours. For a relatively casual walk. And often, I lose myself. In thought. That prompts me to take a break or two. To write. About what’s on my mind.  I make it a posting. In my blog. Other times, I take a book, a magazine or newspaper. And read.  But I also focus on the rhythm of a walk. A steady pace. Ranging mostly between 13-minute and 17-minute miles.  In my younger days, I ran 7-minute miles. Those days are gone.  Never ran a marathon. Settling, instead, on a 13-mile run. On my own. Without competition. Because I always ran to relax. Not to win a race. Best to proceed at one’s own pace. Walking. Jogging. Running. And always thinking. Mostly pleasant thoughts. Feeling alive. –Jim Broede

No comments: