Thursday, November 20, 2014

To state my case. Appropriately.

People tell me I bring up inappropriate topics. That’s balderdash. I write about life. The very thing that I love. Maybe more than anything. I love/hate dealing with Alzheimer’s. Without having it. I have a love/hate relationship with politics. But mostly, I’m downright in love. With life. And I have no hesitancy. Proclaiming it.  Wherever I go. That’s appropriate. Might be inappropriate to tell me to shut up. Thing is, I don’t foist my views on anyone. Especially when I write. The reader can choose to ignore me. I don’t get up on a platform. In a theater. And shout. Instead, I speak quietly. With the written word. Sometimes in a poetic way.  It’s a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. One has a choice. To read or not to read. To agree or to disagree. To accept or to reject. Yes, words can be used as weapon. But words can be deflected. Easier than bullets. But I choose to use words to calm and to sooth and to savor. And to state my case.  Appropriately. –Jim Broede

No comments: