Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My complaint ain't about life.

Really. I have no reason to complain. About life. Yes, I do complain. About things. But not about life. Because actual life is wonderful. Full of opportunities. To make something of it. And to be. Maybe my gripe. Is with those who try to make life difficult. For others.  By being selfish. And inconsiderate. Especially politicians. And bureaucrats. And mean-spirited people. And war-mongers. Oh, I have a long, long list of complaints. But it's not life that troubles me.  It's society. And the way societies deal with life. Too often. In irreverent and hateful ways. I want true love to prevail. And it does. In many ways. But not nearly enough. So I complain. But I still have the opportunity. To be a lover. And a dreamer. And a romantic idealist. Because I have been blessed. With life. --Jim Broede

No comments: