Thursday, April 16, 2015

Which pleases me no end.

Don't get me wrong. If someone wants to be a people pleaser. OK. Fine. So be it. But if it happens to be one of my dear friends, I might offer a few words of caution. Especially if being a pleaser seems to be more detrimental, than beneficial. That's certainly the case with my friend Julie. She spreads herself thin. Trying to please virtually everyone in her life. I make an issue of it. Privately. And publicly, too.  Because it's not only Julie I'm talking about. She's merely my prime example. Maybe some people pleasers would take me to task. For not being pleasing enough. For displeasing Julie. I have no qualms about that. The worse thing I can do is to please Julie when she shouldn't be pleased.  Of course, that's my judgmental opinion. And to put people on notice. That I'm not very good at being a pleaser. Which pleases me no end. --Jim Broede

No comments: