Saturday, June 20, 2015

A cure for the blahs.

My semi-friend Julie is full of negative thoughts. Morning. Noon. And night. Round the clock. Not a single positive thought. Little wonder that she's in depression. I'm a gardener. So I've planted seeds. In Julie's cranium. Unfortunately, nothing really positive has germinated. I've dumped in tons of fertilizer. I've watered the soft brainy soil. But so far nothing. Other than a few weeds. No roses. No tulips. No daisies. Yes, it's terribly frustrating. I've managed to grow all sorts of vegetation in my yard. Especially waves and waves of pacysandra, a beautiful ground cover. Much better than old-fashioned grass.  I have a magical touch. When it comes to cultivating pacysandra. Maybe that could make a difference with Julie. Yes, I'll try it. I'm going to take a few snippings of pacysandra. Over to Julie today. I'll stuff the snippings into her ears.  Wish me luck. I'm hoping that the pacysandra has a positive effect on Julie's lame brain. --Jim Broede

No comments: