Friday, June 12, 2015

My many distant cousins.

An interesting situation in Minnesota. Where a Native American couple is putting their baby up for adoption. And they've asked that the adoption agency place the child with a white couple. Not native American. The Ojibway Tribe has gone to court. To insist that the baby be reared in a Native American household.  I'm watching the case with interest. Imagining. That I was adopting the child. I'd want him to know his biological  parents. So that he would have the opportunity to maintain contact with them. He'd be getting a bonus. Two families.  His biological one. And his adopted one. Two moms. Two dads. From different ethnic backgrounds. Different cultures. A wonderful blending. The very thing that I like most about me. I'm an ethnic blending of American, German, Czech and maybe even Italian. A little bit of everything. If I trace my heritage way, way back. I'm probably a mix of  scores of nationalities. I probably have distant cousins in virtually every country of the world. --Jim Broede

No comments: