Friday, October 9, 2015

For the sake of getting along.

For the sake of getting along. I can tolerate compromise. Give and take. Over just about anything. Even politics. I lean to the left. But I'm willing to try making peace and even friendship with those on the right. But hey, there's gotta be movement. On both sides. I used to think that was the inherent nature of politics. Solving problems in compromising ways. Based on good faith. Unfortunately, that's not the way it's happening any more. Politicians tend to draw hard and fast lines. Especially on the right. Seems to me, that goes contrary to the decent and common good. Yes, getting everything that I want is impractical. And probably unfair to other people. Therefore, I have to leave room for the common good. Which means making some personal sacrifices. For the sake of getting along. --Jim Broede

No comments: