Friday, October 9, 2015

I ain't greedy.

I'm at ease. When it comes to the Chicago Cubs. For the remainder of the play-offs. Because I'm satisfied. By the Cubs even reaching the play-offs. That's an amazing feat. All by itself.   Going from a last place finish in 2014, to the play-offs this year. I don't want to be greedy. By demanding that the baseball gods arrange for the Cubs to win the World Series this year. That would be like wishing for $2 million, when one already has $1 million.  It's still a blessing. To have what one already has. If the Cubs don't make it all the way, I can wait. For another time. Another year. I have many other things to be grateful about. Such as being alive and healthy and in love. If that ain't everything, it's still pretty close. Baseball and the Cubs are secondary. I'm happy. Even if the Cubs come up a little bit short.. --Jim Broede

No comments: