Sunday, November 1, 2015

Doesn't get funnier than this.

I have weaknesses. Liabilities. Imperfections. But that doesn't stop me. From declaring. That I'm perfect. Just for laughs. But the funniest part of this whole business. Is that some people don't laugh. They think I'm being serious. About being perfect.  That I actually believe it. And therefore, I'm nuts. Instead, it's part of my shtick. In preparation. For my lofty goal. To become a stand-up comic. Could be. I'll have lots of competition. From natural born comedians. Seeking the Republican nomination for president. After watching their three televised debates, I couldn't help but admire their performance. They so adeptly feign being serious. When it's obvious they can't be. I rolled on the floor. In loud guffaws. When I saw their hilarious act. These Republicans have pulled it off. With aplomb. They'd be wise. Hiring me as their manager.  I'd get them booked. At comedy clubs all over. Believe me. It's the funniest stuff I've seen. In a long, long time. --Jim Broede

No comments: