Sunday, November 22, 2015

My simplistic approach.

Yes, I concede. I may be too hard, too harsh on alcoholics. Because I don't fully understand what it's like to be an alcoholic. Will power. Will power. And more will power. That's my simplistic approach. That's all it takes. To stop drinking. Easy for me to say. Because I'm not addicted to alcohol. But I am addicted. To other stuff. Such as daily exercise. I need my daily fix. Preferably a 10-mile walk. I choose not to quit my exercise routine. Because I'd be a nervous wreck. I'm addicted. But if convinced that walking was going to kill me, I'd most likely quit. Pronto. Meanwhile, I have nothing against alcoholics. As long as they don't hurt other people. Unfortunately, many drinkers pose a peril. Especially on the roads. --Jim Broede

No comments: