Sunday, November 22, 2015

Simply getting on with life.

I worry too much. About running out of time. About dying. Before I'm ready to die. Which may be never. In my younger days, it was far easier. To not worry about dying. Because I had statistics on my side. A good chance of living for another 30 or 40 years.  In those days, I hardly gave s thought  to my mortality.  Now it's a virtual certainly that I'll be dead in the next 10 or 20 years. Maybe far less. People in their 80s are dropping like flies. Of course, on good days I don't think at all about dying. But I can't help but give it some thought. Funeral directors keep trying to drum up business. With reminders. Encouraging everyone to make preparations for their own demise. But I suspect it may be better for my morale. To be totally unprepared. And simply get on with life. Without worrying about one's pending death. --Jim Broede
       

No comments: