Friday, January 22, 2016

My own self-contained world.

I hear the complaints. From people. Claiming they lack political clout. Instead, power is concentrated in the hands (and pocketbooks) of the wealthy. Mainly billionaires.  And big corporations. I suspect that’s true. Because money talks. Of course, I talk, too. But I have scant money to back up my words. So I have to seek power. Not in the big, big world. But in my own self-contained little, little world. A cocoon, so to speak.  Where I let in a few trusted friends. Of course, I still venture out. Into the big, big world. For abundant human contact.  But then I retreat.  Virtually every day.  Into my hideaway. Where I seize control. Over my own destiny. And do you know what? The little, little world I’ve created from within feels more awesome and more meaningful and more stimulating than the big, big world on the outside. --Jim Broede

No comments: