Saturday, January 23, 2016

To be real as real can be.

Maybe the secret of happiness. Is to believe what one wants to believe. No matter how preposterous. Yes, to enter the world of fantasy. And truly believe. In convincing and undeniable fashion, that it’s reality. Such as belief in an afterlife. Many terrorists. Are alleged to believe that after blowing themselves into smithereens, they are bound for a blissful paradise. Meanwhile, here I am. A man who shuns organized religion. But still, I cultivate a belief in an  eternal spiritual  life. Into a dimension that will allow me to circumnavigate the cosmos. To other planets. To other solar systems. To other galaxies. Absolutely no limits. Sure, it sounds preposterous and other-worldly. But I’m willing to set aside my doubts. And buy into the assumption.  Because that’s what I want out of life. The making of anything that I can imagine. Into reality. I want everlasting life. To be real as real can be. --Jim Broede

No comments: