Thursday, March 3, 2016

I believe in fairy tales.

My friend Julie is living a life of illusion. As are so many others. Julie is in the same boat as politicians. Such as the Republican presidential aspirants. Donald Trump. Ted Cruz. Marco Rubio. I’m listening to everyone these days. And I can hardly believe. What I’m hearing. From Julie. All the way to men that might easily become our next president. And I swear. They’re all crazy. Maybe the world has gone complete bonkers. Is all this stuff real? Or am I imagining it all? Maybe I’m crazy, too. For thinking. That I can save Julie. Rescue her. From her life of illusion. As a manic depressive. As an alcoholic. By arranging an intervention. Yes. Yes. I’m under the grand illusion. That it’s possible for Julie to come out of her illusion. And live happily ever after. I believe in fairy tales. --Jim Broede

No comments: