Thursday, September 15, 2016

A sensible way to live.

I’m trying to be grateful. And happy. Even if all my wishes don’t come true. Yes, I don’t need everything to go my way. Of course, it would be nice if the Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time since 1908.  But if the Cubs fall short, that’s all right with me. After all, the Cubs have had a reasonably successful season. Having already clinched the Central Division title in the National League. With 17 games still left to play in the regular season. The Cubs are in the play-offs. With a decent chance of advancing to the World Series.  Many Cubs fans will consider it a disappointing season if the Cubs don’t win the World Series. But not me. Even if the Cubs finish second or third best, I won’t be glum. It’s sure a lot better than if the Cubs didn’t get into the playoffs. For me, being the best at any thing in particular isn’t a high priority. It’s good enough to just be plain good. At whatever it is I’m doing. I hold the Cubs to a similar standard. That’s an easy and relaxing and sensible way to live. I can settle for just being alive and conscious and in love. --Jim Broede

No comments: