Tuesday, November 8, 2016

About life's idyllic wonders.

What am I to do? Now that the guy I detest. Apparently has been elected president of the United States of America. My answer, I guess. Is to learn to live with it. For the moment, at least. I’ll adjust. By getting on with my own life.  One day at a time.  Reminding myself. Daily. That I am in love. With life. Not letting the actions of Donald Trump deter me. I’ll continue my pursuit of happiness. And not be bothered by stuff over which I have virtually no control. If necessary, I’ll withdraw. Into my cocoon. And lead a relatively solitary life. Happily, of course. Maybe by listening to good music. And reading good books. And taking strolls in the great outdoors. And by musing, too. About life’s idyllic wonders.

Then again. Maybe Trump will be full of surprises. Maybe he’ll work with Democrats. To get things done. After all, he’s renounced many members of own party.  In many ways,  he’s independent. Does things his own way.  Speaks his own mind. And tells fantastic stories (lies). In entertaining ways. And obviously knows how to get elected president. By beating the odds. That takes ingenuity. And talent. He’s one of a kind. --Jim Broede

No comments: