Saturday, November 5, 2016

My gawd! Save us from ourselves.

My homeland. My dear sweet homeland. Is teetering on a brink. It scares me silly. One of my best friends. In Missouri. A seemingly intelligent woman. Is going to vote for Trump. So is my sister. In Wisconsin. They’re insane. And so are millions of others. Across the nation. If the polls are correct. Trump has a chance of winning. Even if it’s 10 percent, or 20 percent or 30 percent. That’s far too close. If Trump wins, the inmates will have gained control of the asylum. Perish the thought. That maybe I can’t do much about it. Can’t help my friend. Or my sister. Or my country. It has happened before. In other countries.  On a political scale of huge magnitude. Even in highly educated countries. Such as Germany. In the 1930s. Germans were swept. By a tidal wave of political insanity. Now here we Americans are. Flirting with a destiny. Even worse than the insanity that pushed Germany off the edge. My gawd!  My gawd!  My spiritual free-thinking gawd!  Please! Please! I beg you. Save us from ourselves. --Jim Broede

No comments: