Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My endless love affair.

As a youngster, I was hauled off to Sunday school. For brainwashing. Before I had the intellect to make up my own mind. About religious and spiritual matters. I was being told, presumably for my own good, what was proper and decent and correct.  Fortunately, I eventually learned to think for myself.  And became a spiritual free-thinker. Thereby believing what I really wanted to believe. Didn’t matter whether others thought I was right or wrong. I decided there is no absolute right or wrong. Especially when it comes to spirituality. Therefore, I began to tailor my thinking. In ways that suit me. I don’t follow the dictates of any organized religion.  Yes, call me a free-thinker. I like the term. Of course, I’ve been advised and cautioned by some proponents of organized religions, that I’m likely to end up in hell. But I’ll take my chances. By steering my own independent path. Turns out, that I don’t even believe in hell. Instead, I believe that I have an everlasting spirit. That will eventually leave my physical being. Allowing me to drift into another dynamic dimension. Where I can continue my endless love affair. With life. --Jim Broede

No comments: