Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Unique as unique can be.

I’d like to think of myself as unique. One of a kind. But at the same time, I’m merely just one of billions of people currently residing on Earth. And that makes me insignificant. Lost in the masses of humanity. Like a grain of sand on a remote beach. Makes me very much like everyone else. But introspectively, I recognize me. Specifically me. Consciously aware of my existence. Able to take control of my life. Able to experience emotions. Able to grasp stuff happening around me. Also, there’s no stopping me from pretending. That I’m unique.  A blend of many pursuits. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free thinker. A political liberal. A writer. A lover. A dreamer. Yes, I’ve identified myself.  Rather than allowing others to do it for me.  My way of feeling as unique as unique can be. After all, I have my own mind. My own spirit and soul, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: