Sunday, March 12, 2017

One of the guys.

I wish for perfection. Knowing it will never be achieved. And then I ask myself, why wish for the impossible? Settle for something less. Such as the possible. Something more realistic. And that’s what I really do. I only dream of perfection. I exercise my imagination. I fantasize. That’s good enough for me. I want to be on equal footing with my creator. More than an acquaintance. Nothing short of friendship. I want to be able to sit down and talk to him. About life. About philosophy. About politics. About love. About everything. I want us to be buddies. Able to sit down and have a beer. Together. True camaraderie. I want us to be living on the same plateau. I know. I know. Some religions tell me. There must be a respectful separation. That I must be subservient.  And worship the creator. But I don’t think he wants that. He’d rather that we think of him as one of the guys. Imperfect. Just like the rest of us.  --Jim Broede

No comments: